Our structured training courses are specifically designed for people whose job involves driving a four-wheel drive vehicle in off-road situations, or in emergency/rescue scenarios.
- Basic Site 4x4 Driving
- Level 1 4x4 Qualification
- Level 2 4x4 Qualification & Refresher Course
- Level 3 Advanced 4x4 Qualification
- Level 4 Instructor Course
- Trailer Towing
- Environmental Awareness
We will discuss your requirements and take each student to the appropriate level. All students are certificated to relevant standards and driver reports are sent direct to you in the week following the course.
IMPORTANT: If you passed your driving test after 1st January 1997, it is illegal for you to tow a trailer of over 750kg. You need to be B+E Trailer trained and tested to qualify.
- The ability to carry out safety checks on your vehicle and trailer
- The reversing exercise
- The braking exercise
- The drive
- Uncoupling and recoupling
|Site Trailer Towing||1/2 Day|
|Basic Site 4x4 Driving||1/2 Day|
|Environmental Awareness Course||1/2 Day|
|Winching Course||1/2 Day|
|Level 1 4x4 Qualification||Full Day|
|Level 2 4x4 Qualification||Half Day Refresher Course|
|Level 3 Advanced 4x4 Qualification||2 Days|
|Level 4 Off-Road Instructor Qualification||1 1/2 Day|
Basic Site 4x4 Driving
- Basic principles of 4x4 driving
- Awareness of 4x4 driving technology
- Correct application of basic off-road driving techniques for all drivers
Level 1 4x4 Qualification
- Complete introduction to all aspects of 4x4 and off-road driving.
- Navigating through mud and water obstacles, tackling inclines and descending safely
- Correct use of terrain to maintain safety and stability
- Basic vehicle maintenance
Level 2 4x4 Qualification
- Issues pertaining to night driving
- Adverse weather conditions
- Identifying and avoiding problems
- Recap of all Level 1 topics and techniques
Level 3 Advanced 4x4 Qualification
- All aspects of driving off-road
- Advanced 4x4 driving in all conditions
- Winching & recovery techniques
- Trailer handling
- Vehicle maintenance
- Safety inspections
- Potential pitfalls, etc.
The cost of the course includes a refresher course after 6/12 months, to suit your company's safety policy.
Level 4 Instructor Course
When levels 1 - 3 are completed, a student can return to qualify for the Instructor Course, spending a full day on site and a second half-day doing practical training with a new driver.
Large Group Training
Do you need blanket training for all staff? Do you employ large numbers of contractors? Do you need training prior to a contract? We will quote for long-term contracts and repeat training for your Health & Safety at work needs.